Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Where was the most recent House episode ';Known Unknowns'; filmed?

I know they were supposedly in the Adirondacks for the conference, but it wasn't actually filmed there, was it? Does anyone know? It sure was great scenery where ever it was.Where was the most recent House episode ';Known Unknowns'; filmed?
Defo not a back drop. lol I thought I recognized it is Lake Arrowhead, California, where my brother got married. That would make sense because that is just outside LA, where they shoot the interior of the show. Then I found this pic of Lake Arrowhead resort website:





http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/ScubaBuddha/274_resize.jpg





and noticed the distinctive railing and location of the trees matched perfectly to those in these shots of Lucas, Cuddy, and Cuddy's baby from the show:





http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/ScubaBuddha/LakeArrowheadhouse.jpg


http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/ScubaBuddha/LA.jpgWhere was the most recent House episode ';Known Unknowns'; filmed?
It was the Lake Arrowhead Resort.





http://lakearrowheadlifestylesblog.com/post/1322028/lake-arrowhead-resort-a-house-party

Report Abuse



It is the Lake Arrowhead Resort...I worked there for about five years, and now live in Washington, I kind of had a mini-freakout when I saw where they were....good eye!!

Report Abuse



I`ve looked at every House site I have and it isn`t mentioned in any that it was filmed on location. This leads me to believe that the scenery was a back drop.
I'd be interesting in hearing a definitive answer to your question, too. There's no way ';Known Unknowns'; was filmed in the Adirondacks. All through the show I had a feeling of familiarity in the scenery -- it sure looked to me like it was British Columbia. I'm not a tree expert, but I'm fairly certain I saw lodgepole pine, Douglas fir and arbutus on a coastal shoreline. If I am right, that places the filming location somewhere north of Eureka, Calif. And if you are going on location to northern California, might as well go all the way north to Vancouver, where there is already a significant filming industry and the producers likely already have contacts and can set up the location shoot easily -- and get a tax credit to do so.


But I'd love to know if I was right about the location. Anybody know for sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment